Why we like it
- A unique and characterful lodge in a remote location
- Surrounded by rugged, untouched beaches
- A haven for wildlife, you can spot dolphins, whales (seasonal) and mola-mola (ocean sunfish)
- With just nine luxurious suites, the lodge has a friendly and intimate atmosphere
- Top notch dining with a focus on wholesome and sophisticated dishes
About Pelican Point Lodge, Walvis Bay
A renovated old harbour control building, Pelican Point Lodge is a characterful eco- lodge with a stunning location on the remote peninsula of Pelican Point at Walvis Bay. Contemporary and stylish, there are just nine individually-styled and spacious suites to choose from. All come complete with bio fireplaces, a private decks and en suite bathrooms.
With the untouched beaches of the Atlantic Ocean on the one side and the Lagoon of Walvis Bay on the other, the birdlife here is abundant. Enjoy the antics of hundreds of seals surfing the ocean waves, and keep an eye out for dolphins, whales and mola-mola (ocean sunfish) from your private deck. You're also likely to witness spectacular flocks of damara-terns, cormorants and flamingo, as well as curious jackals. Dining here is a real treat with a focus on wholesome and sophisticated dishes paired with excellent local and South African wines.