Why we like it
- Track for chimpanzees Black and White Colubus monkeys, Grey-cheeked Mangabeys, blue and golden monkeys
- Guided walks, bird watching and walking trails
- Heated infinity pool water which overlooks the jungle
- Boma for outdoor dining and drinks
- 'Relaxation retreat' with two treatment rooms and Jacuzzi
About Nyungwe Forest Lodge
This property is currently closed for a very exciting renovation. It will be reopening later in the year when they will be welcoming guests again. Please speak to a travel consultant for more details on dates and developments.
The Nyungwe Forest Lodge is located in an expansive tea plantation on the edge of Nyungwe Forest, overlooking the forest canopy in a ridge below. With 13 different species of primate including chimpanzees, and 275 bird species, Nyungwe Forest Lodge is a spectacular destination for safari enthusiasts. There are 24 spacious and contemporary en-suite rooms, all with air-conditioning, private verandah and open fireplace for a cosy warmth at night.