Why we like it
- Set in the beautiful Constantia Valley, the Cape’s oldest wine-growing valley
- An ideal base for exploring Cape Town’s surrounding areas
- A historic 17th-century mansion lovingly restored
- Beautiful gardens to relax in after a day of exploring vibrant Cape Town
- Stay in the Deluxe Suites with access to the Garden or Private Terrace
About Alphen Boutique Hotel
Nestled in the heart of the Constantia Valley, Cape Town, Alphen Hotel is a 17th-century historic property turned restored 21st-century boutique hotel. It’s hosted luminaries such as Mark Twain and Captain Cook and the building’s story is a fascinating one. Set in hectares of landscaped gardens, the hotel’s 21 suites are spacious and glamorous (and feel very Hollywood). Rooms are full of antiques that hark back to the building’s Cape Dutch origins sitting alongside modern, high-tech kit and amenities. The hotel boasts three dining spaces. La Belle Bistro & Bakery serves up delicious pastries for breakfast. Unwind over a glass of wine and platter of sushi at the outdoor Rose Bar Outdoor Garden Lounge. The chefs at Blanko cook contemporary Italian cuisine in this all-day dining space. If you leave the hotel, explore Constantia Valley’s vineyards or visit Cape Town, only 30 minutes away.