Why we like it
- Set on the pristine coastline of Maputuland
- Experience coastal forest, grasslands, lakes and exquisite sandy beaches
- Careful constructed to ensure minimal impact on the environment
- Simple stylish with the views of the Indian Ocean being the main focal point
- The staff are friendly and attentive
About Thonga Beach Lodge
With twelve individual thatched cottages this luxury lodge is the ideal place to discover one of the most unspoilt wilderness beaches left on the African continent. Mabibi is a magical place of coastal forests, grasslands, bush, shimmering lakes and exquisite sandy beaches. Facilities at the lodge include a small pool and a marine spa offering beauty treatments and massages. Its crystal clear, warm waters offer unparalleled snorkelling and fantastic off-shore scuba diving. The cottages are scattered through the forest with views of the forest or the Indian Ocean. Thonga Beach Lodge is situated only metres from the beach and a 25 minute drive from Lake Sibiya (South Africa's largest freshwater lake), which is part of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, now internationally recognised as a World Heritage Site.