Why we like it
- Six freestanding twin cottages all with private decks and larger family suites available perfect for families with young children
- The décor is homely and comfortable with stable doors opening onto a private deck, each with fabulous valley views
- Specialising in the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) and in particular the Battle of Spionkop
- An eco-friendly lodge, which is Fair Trade in Tourism accredited
- Enjoy walking trails, horseriding, mountain biking, hiking in the Drakensberg and world class golf courses near by
About Three Tree Hill
Surrounded by the Drakensberg Mountains and overlooking a secluded valley of the Spionkop Game Reserve lies Three Tree Hill. Specialising in the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) and in particular the Battle of Spionkop, narrators bring to life the world-changing events of this great moment of history.
Large verandas create an ideal environment in which to wind down and absorb the Spioenkop atmosphere and meals are often served outside to take advantage of the amazing views. There are numerous opportunities for horse riding, walks and mountain biking around the lodge. The nearby Spioenkop Game Reserve is also well worth a visit with a host of plains game.