Why we like it
- No more than ten guests are resident at Mateya at one time
- Each suite has a private sundeck complete with private infinity pool
- Wellness centre & bush gym
- Attentive staff add to the creative and vibrant spirit of the lodge
- Cuisine is very important at Mateya, they have their own herb garden and meals are served either in the dining room or out in the bush
About Mateya Safari Lodge
Built from materials found in the Madikwe, Mateya Safari Lodge rises out of the Gabbro Hills in the North West Province of South Africa bordering on Botswana. The high elevation of the lodge provides visitors with an uninterrupted view of the surrounding terrain. The five suites are individually decorated with bespoke mahogany furniture and a luxurious bathroom with an open air shower.
The main area of the lodge has a beautiful lounge and dining area complete with a library full of books written by African explorers, a fine collection. There are an array of interesting antiques throughout the lodge, as soon as you enter through the lodge with its Zanzibari elephant doors one knows that they are about to enter a very special place. Some of the artefacts in the lodge are over 300 years old and create a sense of occasion in this luxurious lodge. This is a very special lodge, small and intimate with exceptional personal service and attention to detail in everything that is offered. All suites have wireless Internet access.