Why we like it
- A unique hideaway in the trees
- Stay in beautiful treehouses complete with private plunge pool
- Located in the heart of the Garden Route between Plettenberg Bay and Knysna
- Dine at Zinzi Restaurant, an African inspired menu in the idyllic forest setting
- For families with children aged eight or over, stay in one of the two-bedroomed villas – the perfect place for spending quality family time
About Tsala Treetop Lodge
Tsala Treetop Lodge is ideally placed to explore the wonders of the marine world, though it has to be said that guests here find it hard to tear themselves away from the comfort of their suites, set high up in the trees. But if you do want to venture out, the lodge is ideally located to explore the beaches at Plettenberg Bay and the coastal town of Knysna.
Above the forest floor, the ten exclusive and private suites of Tsala Treetop Lodge are linked by meandering wooden walkways and share the lofty canopy of Tsitsikamma's primal forest in a symphony of wood, glass and water. Each suite has a private infinity pool, airy wooden decks and lavishly appointed bathrooms as well as outside showers. There are six two-bedroomed villas, each with a large fireplace and sweeping views of the canopy.
In the evening, the intimate sitting rooms and library, stocked with collectable books on natural history and tales from the past, form tranquil and atmospheric havens of quiet. Dine on open wooden platforms amongst the encompassing trees, or in the acclaimed dining room where carefully prepared and exquisitely presented dishes of both local and faraway flavour combines the tastes of Europe with the traditions of Africa.