Why we like it
- Perfectly situated for sightings of the Great Migration crossing the Grumeti River, normally around June and July
- Situated in Tanzania's premier wilderness area of the Serengeti National Park
- A vibrant camp with bright, whimsical interiors that welcome and invigorate
- Troops of black and white colobus monkeys are found only in the Grumeti riverine forest and nowhere else in the Serengeti
- On the banks of the Grumeti River, home to some of Africa's largest crocodiles
About andBeyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp
Offering exceptional year-round game viewing, the camp lies in peaceful seclusion in a remote river valley. This is a comfortable haven from which to experience the beating heart of Africa. Every year during the Great Migration, hundreds of thousands of animals cross the Grumeti River, risking the jaws of some of the world's largest crocodiles. The excitement is mirrored in the ten vibrantly designed canopied safari tents set along the riverbank, each with an en suite bathroom and romantic al fresco shower open to the sun and stars. The sparkling pool and domed bar are captivating, while the cuisine is exceptional.