Why we like it
- A hidden gem in the beautiful Selous
- An authentic and luxurious boutique camp boasting space and privacy
- 12 large air conditioned lavish tented suites, with stone bathrooms, outside showers and plunge pools all overlooking the magnificent river
- Activities on offer include game drive, bush walks, birdwatching and river excursions
- Private dining in stunning locations with a choice of main courses at dinners
About Azura Selous
Located on the Great Ruaha River in the Selous Game Reserve, Azura Selous has an enviable location overlooking the rapids of the Great Ruaha River with its resident hippo. Comfortable custom 4x4 open game viewing vehicles have been created ensuring your maximum comfort at all times. During the evening game drives discover the beauty of the Selous, pause to watch the African sunset in a dramatic spot while enjoying a gin and tonic or a glass of fine wine. The team at Azura Selous are superb; welcoming guests with friendly smiles, they are professional and gracious at all times. Allow the expert guides to bring the wilderness to life with their knowledge and stories of the African wilderness, their incredible skill at tracking the wildlife will create wonderful photography opportunities. The camp itself is the epitome of luxury everything has been well thought out with space and privacy in mind, there is a beautiful main swimming pool to relax by from the heat of the day. The lounge is home to a small collection of interesting books and a dining area but dinner tends to be served in a variety of locations and often a new place every evening, the food is exceptional. Azura Selous prides itself on being eco-friendly and the only lodge in the Selous with its own waste water treatment system so all water is recycled. Azura Selous is closed for the month of April and May.