Why we like it
- Kiba Point is Sand River's private camp
- With only 4 open fronted rooms all with a private plunge pool Kiba Point is an exclusive retreat
- The smallest camp in the Selous
- Explore the Rufiji River, lakes and woodlands of this remote part of the northern Selous
- Activities are all on an exclusive basis and include game drives, boating activities and bush walks
About Kiba Point
Kiba Point is a very special lodge in the Selous, the sights and sounds of the river and the great variety of adventures to be had along its banks, the surrounding woodlands and open sand rivers give the client an incredible safari experience.
Sitting by the river with fabulous sightings of the river's residents and great birding as well as lots of big mammal. Other activities include visits to Stieglers Gorge, Kidai Island, Hot Springs and Lake Tagalala.
The accommodation is four open fronted rooms all with private plunge pools set in the forest line, all have an en suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers with hot and cold running water and flush toliets. The main mess area of the camp has a swimming pool with sun loungers round to cool off from the midday sun.
There is a lounge and dining area with beautifully handmade wooden furniture, dining under the African stars is a highlight of the day.
Open year round except for 26 March to 31 May 2012 when the camp is closed for maintenance.