Why we like it
- A true wilderness retreat in the heart of the Selous
- Explore the Selous with expert guides by foot, vehicle or boat
- Stay in one of the Hillside Suites complete with private plunge pool
- Try fly camping for that ultimate African bush experience
- Sleeping in open fronted rooms and feeling so close to nature
About Sand Rivers
Sand Rivers, positioned on a wide curve of the mighty Rufiji River, sits within the 50,000 square kilometre Selous Game Reserve. In this wilderness on a huge scale, some of Tanzania's best safari guides are on hand to take you out for daily adventures - weaving past hippos and crocodiles by boat, driving on the trail of lions, walking quietly to observe elephants, or arranging a sleep-out under the stars. The atmosphere at the lodge is grand yet cosy. Eight open-fronted en suite stone cottages are raised on stilts to give amazing views across the river. The large swimming pool is as inviting as the simply excellent cooking.