Why we like it
- Set on the banks of the Tarangire River with fantastic surrounding views
- An intimate camp with just six beautifully-appointed tents
- Activities include day and night game drives, as well as exhilarating walking safaris
- A dry seasonal camp open between the middle of June to the middle of November
- Exceptional bird viewing - over 550 different species have been recorded
About Kuro Tarangire
Set amid a grove of Acacia and Kigelia trees on the banks of the Tarangire River, Kuro Tarangire is a stylish and intimate seasonal camp with excellent eco-credentials and glorious views over the African bush. There are just six beautifully-appointed tents, each with big comfy beds, verandahs and en-suite hot-water bucket showers and flush eco-toilets.
Gather to enjoy sundowners or to tuck into delicious, freshly-prepared food under the shade of the open-sided lounge and dining area. This bush camp is a great spot to kick back and soak up the surrounding views, keeping an eye out for nearby wildlife and birdlife.
With large herds of elephants and buffalos, game viewing in this area in season is superb. From day and night drives to exhilarating walking safaris, sundowners and bush picnics, and outstanding mammal and bird viewing, the Tarangire National Park offers adventure and relaxation in spades. Children are welcome over the age of 8 years old.