Why we like it
- Sanctuary Puku Ridge is named after the elusive Puku antelope which never strays far from water
- An intimate camp with only seven oversized tents boasting en suite facilities with an inside and outside shower
- Traditional safari camp perched on an escarpment in a remote part of the South Luangwa National Park
- Activities on offer are walking safaris and game drives
- Children six years old and over are welcome
About Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp
South Luangwa is one of the greatest wildlife sanctuaries in the world, and not without reason. Set on a rocky ridge and overlooking the Kakumbi dambo (valley), Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp is well located. This is the perfect spot to revel in the abundance of wildlife and tradition of an old-world safari camp. Puku Ridge Camp is an intimate camp, built unobtrusively close to the wild. The central dining area produces gourmet meals, despite being so far away from a city. Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp is designed to leave no trace on the environment and has embraced a very natural kind of African chic in its decor.
The diverse wildlife along the dambo (valley) offers great opportunities for photography. In the evenings relax and unwind as you dine with the night sounds of Africa for a soundtrack. Night game drives allow sightings of nocturnal animals in the South Luangwa National Park. The concentration of game around the Luangwa river and its ox bow lagoons is among the most intense in Africa offering thrilling guided walks, always accompanied by a professional guide and an armed national parks scout.