Why we like it
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat is a simple, eco-friendly lodge overlooking the emerald waters of the Yu Long (Dragon) River.
- Superb restaurant serving delicious local specialties in a homely, relaxed atmosphere.
- Just 29 intimate deluxe and family rooms.
- Supports the local community and values environmental preservation.
- Ideal for walkers, climbers and families.
About Yangshuo Mountain Retreat
Yangshou Mountain Retreat lies on the bank of the Yulong River, edged by picturesque villages, lush paddy fields and towering limestone Karst peaks. Just an hour from the beautiful city of Guilin, this countryside escape is an wonderful eco-retreat that works to support the local community. If you're seeking adventure there is an array of bike and hiking trails nearby; the great Moon Hill is just a 30-minute hike and one of the best climbing crags in the area. Copper Gate Mountain is also just a short walk away. The 29 rooms are simple but comfortable with locally made bamboo beds. The retreat's Yangshou Restaurant serves lip-smacking dishes that incorporate the region's distinct flavours. We loved the Beer Fish, a local favourite where the entire fish is braised in a wok with beer and vegetables, and the delicious Sizzling Beef, where the meat is drizzled in a Yanshou black bean and dark soy sauce then served sizzling on a fiery hot plate.