Why we like it
- Located in the Karimunjawa Archipelago on the private island of Menjawakan
- Beautiful cottages and villas are light and airy
- The chefs create sumptuous menus from freshly caught fish
- Activities on offer are snorkelling, diving, sunset cruises, kayaks, paddle boats and island cruises
- Exceptional dive sites with a mix of wrecks and reef
About Kura Kura Resort
Kura Kura means "sea turtle" in Bahasa Indonesian, the island was always the place that the sea turtles came to lay their eggs but unfortunately this had stopped. Through the turtle Sanctuary project they have been able to successfully re introduce the sea turtles to the island and it is a project that guests can visit and learn about this incredible animal.
The Resort accommodation offers 15 cottages and 21 pool villas, each option has air conditioning and the cottages have unobstructed views of the ocean. The pool villas have been cleverly placed in amongst the Royal Palm trees and are very private and spacious. The ultimate in villa accommodation is the family pool villa perfect for family and friends travelling together with a large pool and living space over 600sq metres. Kura Kura has the perfect location for exploring the unspoilt waters and beaches of the Karimunjawa Archipelago.