Why we like it
- Stunning location near the serenity of the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- 39 ryokan-inspired rooms are based around two original structures which date back to the early 1900s
- Beautiful Japanese gardens overlook the Hozugawa River
- Enjoy French-influenced kaiseki meals at restaurant , Kyo Suiran
- Close to famed tourist sites such as the Togetsukyo Bridge and World Heritage Site, Tenryuji Temple
About The Suiran
Located outside of the hub of Kyoto, Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel is surrounded by some of the areas must see sites; the 14th-century Tenryuji Temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, accompanied by a famous Zen garden, it is ranked first among Kyoto’s five great Zen temples. The rooms are spacious and in keeping with the local style.
There are two restaurants, the Saryo Hassui is open during the day and offers traditional Japanese wagashi in an enviable location overlooking the river. In the evening Kyo-Suiran has French influenced Japanese tastes. Experience Kyoto from a variety of perspectives: in a rickshaw, on the Sagano Scenic Railway, or on a leisurely cruise down the Hozugawa River aboard a traditional flat-bottom vessel.