Why we like it
- Set on the Higashiyama Hills
- Facilities include an on-site mountain trail, rooftop tennis court, and lap pool
- Indulge in a treatment at Sothys Skin Care Salon and Spa
- A fine selection of restaurants offering a variety of western and oriental cuisine
- Three Japanese style gardens to relax in
About The Westin Miyako
Located in the Eastern Hills and surrounded by the many temples and shrines, the Westin Miyako offers perhaps the finest international style accommodation in Kyoto and a variety of restaurants. The hotel is within walking distance of the Gion and Pontocho entertainment districts, and close to the Keage subway station. The accommodation offered at the Westin Miyako is a variety of rooms and suites. The Junior suites are elegantly appointed complete with a separate lounge creating a relaxing living space. The restaurants offers diverse dining from a Teppanyaki bar to an English tea room and an elegant cocktail lounge with live jazz. There are two swimming pools, and indoor one with panoramic views of the mountains and an outdoor pool that opens from July to October. The picturesque walking trail around Mount Kachou takes about 40 minutes and is the perfect escape from the buzz of the city.