Why we like it
- Stunning boutique-style hotel in the charming city of Mandalay.
- Close to many cultural attractions, including the famed Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery and U Bein Bridge.
- Four types of guestrooms and suites display an ethnic inspired décor.
- Chic restaurant Spice Garden serves traditional Myanmar and quality Indian cuisine.
- Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, fitness studio and serene Parana Spa
About Hotel by the Red Canal
Situated on the historic Red Canal, this boutique style hotel is nestled amongst lush greenery and serene water fountains. In a convenient location, close to the entrance of the Mandalay Palace, the hotel is ideally placed to explore and experience day-to-day life in this quaint city.
The colonial style building is made up of three floors housing accommodation of four types, each named after a major ethnic group in multi-cultural Myanmar. All suite interiors are decorated using local materials including handcrafted teak furniture and rattan fixtures. Kachin Suites enjoy sensual outdoor showers, while Chin and Shan Suites feature private balconies overlooking the beautiful hotel surrounds and the spacious Rakhine suites are ideal for the business traveller. Indulge in Indian delights at the rustic-yet-modern Spice Garden before heading to the Canopy Bar to enjoy a post-dinner sundowner.