Why we like it
- An eco-friendly community based lodge
- An authentic experience with hill tribe locals
- Meals are prepared by the local Lahu and Hmong villagers, who are masters of local cuisine and have perfected the art of western meals too
- Simple and comfortable accommodation
- A percentage of revenue from guests' stays is used to support community projects
About Lanjia Lodge
Lanjia Lodge is an eco-friendly community based lodge perched on a hill overlooking the Mekong River near the Northern Thai border with Laos. It has been built in a traditional village style and is in perfect harmony with its setting within a Hmong and Lahu community. There are four guest lodges each having four bedrooms with modern comforts and all are identical. This is not a luxury five star hotel but what it lacks in modern amenities and frills it gains in its philanthropic ways. A percentage of revenue from guests' stays is used to support community projects to improve local living conditions for the hilltribes. The overriding philosophy of Lanjia is of a visible, genuine and sustainable interaction between guests and villagers.