Why we like it
- All rooms and suites have superb, private outdoor spaces
- Capella Lodge is set on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island - a pristine hideaway where dramatic volcanic peaks rise above the world's southernmost coral reef
- Capella Lodge holds a far-reaching reputation as Lord Howe's finest dining destination, offering contemporary Pacific-themed menus
- The Capella Spa invites guests to indulge in a Dreamtime-inspired treatment
- A wet edge pool and lounging area is located on Gower's Terrace - the place to go to watch the sun sink over the South Pacific
About Capella Lodge
Resting above the jewel-toned lagoon, Capella Lodge is the only Island accommodation that commands spectacular views of the ocean and awe-inspiring twin peaks, Mounts Gower and Lidgbird.
Just nine contemporary suites complement the island's pristine natural environment and provide a luxurious, serene refuge. Spacious, light filled interiors feature timber floors, marine ply joinery and custom furniture pieces that create a sophisticated beach house ambience. All suites feature king beds with superior cotton linens, Bose music system, TV, DVD, telephone and wireless internet. An in-suite bar offers locally-sourced epicurean treats.
Reflecting the sheer rise of the mountainous cliffs beyond, basalt stone features in striking en suite bathrooms where an oversized rain shower and island-inspired Capella Spa toiletries invite guests to relax and revitalise. Slick slab vanities contrast the organic feel of handcrafted ceramic and resin bathware.