Why we like it
- All suites and tree houses have private verandas
- Situated on an elevated peninsula, 16 km south of Port Douglas, Thala Beach
- Nature Reserve is surrounded by 145 acres of natural forest and beaches
- Thala's world class restaurant, Ospreys, is situated on top of the headland with panoramic views over the coral sea and tropical rainforest ranges
- The main pool is located on the headland and features waterfalls, spas and grottos. The smaller 'Rock Pool' is set among the gardens
About Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Thala Beach Lodge is a privately owned five star luxury beach resort and one of the world's most beautiful private beach locations. At one with nature, its main building is designed to embrace all the elements of the tropics. Built from local timbers, it is open and spacious, allowing the cool sea breezes to flow. The polished timber reflects the warm sun of the tropics by day and the soft flicker of lamp light by night.
Accommodation consists of timber bungalows scattered amongst a hundred and forty five acres of wooded headland and secluded beaches. Sitting on high poles all have views either to the ocean or the forested mountains from lovely timber decked verandas. Inside, they are a mix of simple and modern - with neutral décor providing a backdrop for timber features and bamboo furniture.