Why we like it
- Superb accommodation incorporates private outdoor spaces, some with their own pools
- Just a stone's throw off the Queensland coast, qualia sits in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, on the northernmost tip of Hamilton Island
- qualia's Executive Chef visited every six star resort in the South Pacific before designing modern Australian and Asian menus for two exclusive restaurants - Long Pavillion and Pebble Beach
- Spa qualia offers the ultimate in anti-stress, anti-aging, detoxifying and cleansing treatments including "Bularri Yarrul", a hot stone massage using 300 million year old stones
- The resort has a superb outdoor pool
A byword for Hamilton Island luxury, qualia is situated on the secluded northern-most tip of Hamilton Island surrounded by all the splendour of the Great Barrier Reef. The resort's beautiful design is the work of Australian architect Chris Beckingham. His philosophy was to create a luxurious retreat that stimulates the senses and draws the outside in.
The resulting design creates a superb sense of space. Set among native Eucalypts, each pavilion has been handcrafted from the finest local timber and stone. To complement the natural surrounds, Dennis Nona's artworks adorn the walls and Freedman Rembel has furnished the interiors with fabrics and patterns inspired by nature.
Every detail of this fabulous resort is designed to perfection, to create a truly wonderful destination.