Why we like it
- All suites have outdoor terraces with occasional seating and daybeds
- Southern Ocean Lodge is Kangaroo Island's only world-class wilderness lodge, located at Hanson Bay and commanding spectacular ocean, beach and wilderness views
- The restaurant's daily changing menu honours fine local ingredients with a cuisine style at once sophisticated and simple
- The Southern Spa is an oasis of calm, perched high on a cliff top and commanding dramatic views of the Southern Ocean
- Other facilities include wonderful, atmospheric bars and comfortable lounges, wonderful terraces, a wine cellar and an array of personalised island experiences
About Southern Ocean Lodge
The Southern Ocean Lodge is defined by superb contemporary design, astonishing location and first name service. Set back from a cliff above the pounding surf the sensitive design showcases a full frontal panorama and is within easy reach of all of Kangaroo Island's major attractions. Modern luxury and design integrity meld with Kangaroo Island vernacular and an amazing coastal colour palette, to create a unique eco chic style.
The twenty-one superb suites command mesmerising views of the Southern Ocean as they cantilever along the coast. They are the ultimate fusion between a breathtaking wilderness setting and unbridled creature comforts. Interiors feature lavish king beds, sunken lounge, dramatic glass walled bathroom featuring Southern Spa amenities and an outdoor terrace with occasional seating and daybed.
Signature design elements such as sandblasted limestone floors and recycled spotted gum feature walls, as well as contemporary bespoke furnishings and artworks commissioned from local Kangaroo Island artisans, harness the natural theatre of this dramatic landscape.