Why we like it
- The ultimate Port Fairy bed and breakfast along the Moyne River marina
- Port Fairy was named as the most liveable town in world in 2012 with just under 20,000 residents
- The Courtyard Spa Room enjoys a warming open gas fire and king spa
- The resident chef serves up a gourmet breakfast of caramelised banana hotcakes, tomato bruschetta with basil pesto or Oscar's signature bacon and eggs to name a few
- The ideal end to a Great Ocean Road trip, with the 12 Apostles, Grampians and Coonawarra wine region all nearby
About Oscars Waterfront Boutique Hotel
Oscar's enviable waterfront position, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides a perfect haven after a drive on the Great Ocean Road. The style of Oscars is French provincial, with many lounging areas and interesting pieces of furniture within the grand drawing room and breakfast room. The inviting open fires roaring in winter, sets the perfect ambiance for reading or playing board games and the magnificent veranda overlooking the river is a must for breakfast no matter what the season.
Oscar's thriving central location is within walking distance to many of the town's revered restaurants, art galleries, walking tracks, and historic buildings. A short stroll along the wharf and over the rivers walk bridge will find you on one of Australia's favourite beaches, East Beach, the perfect spot for paddle boarding or a surf lesson in the summer. A creative hub of music and art, Port Fairy also regularly hosts many events and festivals;our pick of the crop has to be the Port Fairy Folk Festival where freewheeling libertines have been partying each December since 1977.