Why we like it
- Located just 20 minutes by boat from shore
- A maximum of just eight guests
- Guest bure suites are perfect for a tropical lifestyle - featuring heart timber floors, plaster walls, stone tiles, wooden shutters, high ceilings and the latest in air conditioned comfort
- Meals are delicious and feature fresh produce, with many flavours and ingredients unique to Fijian cuisine
- Guests can snorkel, tank dive, swim and fish with carefully selected operators whose local knowledge is invaluable
About Dolphin Island
Located just 20 minutes by boat from shore, on the tip of Viti Levu, Dolphin Island nestles like a precious jewel, surrounded by crystal clear waters. Guests arrive by the island's own private boat and are immediately enveloped by the beauty and luxurious accommodation that awaits. Fine, pure cotton bed linen and soft feather pillows are perfectly suited to the climate, and The Huka Retreats famed attention to detail is strongly evident within this haven of relaxation and romance.
Freshly caught fish is brought to the island daily so guests can select their preference from the catch and it will be beautifully prepared and served to them within hours. Tropical fruit abounds - papayas, mangoes, bananas, pineapples etc and the fragrance of perfumed flowers is carried on the air.
With 13 acres of their own private island as a playground guests often do not feel the need to ever leave, however should they choose to - a wonderful variety of activities are available. Cultural visits to nearby villages and areas of historical interest can be arranged, as can pampering massages and facials.