Why we like it
- Surrounded by spectacular alpine lakes and rugged mountain peaks, Matakauri Lodge is Queenstown's most elegant secret escape
- Just 11 luxurious rooms styled by highly acclaimed interior designer, Virgina Fisher
- Relax on your private balcony with views of Lake Wakatipu in summer or snuggle up beside the roaring fireplace in winter
- The impressive Owner's Cottage features four suites, a private Jacuzzi, lounge, kitchen and grand courtyard, ideal for families and friends
- Luxury spa facility, outdoor infinity pool, sauna and modern fitness centre for you to relax, revive and rejuvenate
About Matakauri Lodge
Spectacularly situated on Lake Wakatipu, Matakauri Lodge offers stunning views from every angle, taking in the Remarkable, Cecil and Walter Peak mountain ranges. Only a seven minute journey from Queenstown, Matakauri Lodge will provides a lakeside retreat nestled in one of the world's most serenely beautiful landscapes.
The Lodge and adjoining villas, originally constructed in 2000 with a contemporary New Zealand design, reopened in August 2010 after undergoing extensive refurbishment and new interior design by acclaimed New Zealand Interior Designer, Virginia Fisher.
The main lodge consists of spacious lounge, dining and living areas, all with views of Lake Wakatipu. The lodge also offers a range of indoor and outdoor dining options for our guests, including superb private dining options. Facilities include a full service luxury spa, swimming pool with spa and a fully equipped fitness centre.
Accommodation consists of eleven luxurious guest suites, with eight cottages and three suites located in the main lodge. Every suite offers its own bedroom with sitting area and open fireplace, walk-in wardrobe and bathroom. The suites are nestled in a native forest overlooking Lake Wakatipu and the mountains beyond.