Why we like it
- Isolated boutique getaway with all the conveniences of a grand resort
- Food prepared with freshest ingredients the majority sourced from El Secretos organics garden
- Ikal Spa provides the opportunity to have their Hot Sea Shell massage in Moon light up the Moonlight tower!
- Killer 'special' mojitos available from the bar
- The Great Blue Hole sinkhole and popular dive spot is just a short distance away
About El Secreto
Only accessible by boat, El Secreto is a secret island hideaway on Belize's Ambergris Caye just minutes away from the town of San Pedro. Drawing inspiration from the region, each of the 13 exclusive individual thatched roof villas display a smart combination of contemporary and traditional design elements, such as fine Belizean tropical woods, marble finished bathrooms with a tandem bathtub, private Jacuzzi and outdoor rain shower.
During your stay, there are a variety of activities for you to enjoy such as fishing, diving or snorkelling. Bicycles are available to borrow should you wish to explore the island, or perhaps you could visit the nearby site of Lamanai on foot or by helicopter. With fresh fish delivered daily, foodies can indulge to their hearts content in tasty dishes of lobster ceviche, carpaccio and black bean empanadas, and your juice in the morning freshly squeezed and delivered to your door.