Why we like it
- 18 metre swimming pool with underwater music
- The Atmosphere rooftop bar and lounge hosts Vienna’s highest and most exclusive Christmas market
- Unique dining experiences, including the farm-to-fork restaurant, Dstrikt Steakhouse Bar & Lounge and the inviting D-Bar
- Cooking lessons, ice creaming making and the Afternoon Tea "Tea & the City" will afford plenty of indulgent treats
- Atmosphere is a stylish rooftop bar with incredible views of the city
About The Ritz-Carlton
The Viennese Waltz, the Spanish Riding School and Johann Strauss; everything associated with Vienna exudes class and quality, and the Ritz-Carlton is no exception. Occupying the site of four former palaces, the 19th century façade gives way to individual, surprisingly capacious rooms and an open roof terrace provides a spectacular platform from which to review the day’s sightseeing conquests. Blending Renaissance, baroque and gothic influences with modern amenities and impeccable service, 202 rooms and 43 suites are all individually decorated with a modern and elegant decor with rich chocolate accents.
The hotel has a relationship with Swarovski and the crystals are used in the displays throughout the hotel – the flower arrangements are particularly striking. The hotel features a fitness centre and the 18m indoor pool with underwater music, while The Ritz-Carlton Spa has six well-appointed treatment suites. If you do need reminding of the city’s glorious history, a golden, violin-toting Strauss Jnr is waiting for you just over the road in the adjacent Stadtpark.