Why we like it
- 10 years of restoration has resulted in one of the Amalfi Coast's most resplendent boutique hotels
- 17th century monastery on the side of the cliffs overlooking the Bay of Salerno
- Gleaming white Amalfi to the south, sun-kissed Praiano to the north, Conca dei Marini's quaint fishing village below, and the ubiquitous sea beyond - a fantastic location
- The tiered verdant gardens lead down to an infinity edged swimming pool that seems to defy belief
- Christoph Bob creates an innovative Mediterranean gastronomic experience in the restaurant with ingredients sourced from the Campania region
About Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel and Spa
This newcomer to the Amalfi Coast is certainly one to watch. The 20 exclusive rooms and suites with panoramic views are coupled with decadent bathrooms. Each reflects beauty, charm and understated elegance while exuding the peaceful mood of a private estate home complete with rare antiques. Although the walls house the history of a 17th-century monastery, every room contains all the modern luxury comforts and amenities that you would expect from a hotel of this calibre.
Monastero Santa Rosa hosts a fully equipped spa to rival any major city spa, offering not just treatment rooms, but large-scale amenities that include a sauna, steam, mosaic-tiled experience shower, hydro pool, and tepidarium. The outdoor fitness area is the best way to burn off that Italian pasta.
Generous grounds, filled with four levels of gardens, lush landscaping, plentiful lounge chairs, and canopied daybeds ensure that there is ample space for relaxation. The Monastero's garden plantings are therapeutic in nature or edible-reminiscent of the Santa Rosa nuns' therapeutic creations back in the 17th century.
Precision-perfect flavours focusing on the bounty of the sea combine to create specialties like the appetizer trio of crustaceans-lobster with chickpea puree and smoked olive oil broad bean salad with Colonnata's bacon and king prawn ravioli with Corbara's tomatoes and candied lemon. With Monastero Santa Rosa's own herb and vegetable garden on site, every morsel combines the freshest local, organic ingredients of Conca dei Marini.