Why we like it
- Brakanes Hotel boasts a beautiful waterfront setting in Ulvik by the Hardangerfjord.
- The hotel offers 143 spacious rooms, many with stunning views of the fjord.
- Stroll around the hotel grounds leading to the water’s edge before indulging in impressive cuisine in the picturesque garden.
- Keep active with a refreshing dip in the swimming pool followed by a steam in the sauna.
- Kick-back and relax in one of the two lounges with a drink in hand.
About Brakanes Hotel
Located by the Hardangerfjord, the Brakanes Hotel provides an incredible setting from which to explore the surrounding mountains, orchards and culture of Ulvik. Originally a coaching inn destroyed in WW2, the hotel holds an interesting history and has hosted well-known figures. Enjoy intricately prepared dishes with a stunning view at the hotel restaurant. For those who want to relax, dip your toes into the fjord from the small beach. Alternatively, take a steam in the sauna before treating yourself to a hot stone massage from the hotel spa therapist and feel all your tension drift away. Browse the shelves of the hotel library for a few extra hours of pure escapism.
The hotel is conveniently placed near Ulvik Activity Centre offering boats and kayaks during the summer for endless water based fun. If you wish to explore further, the hotel can organise group trips along Norway’s only fruit and cider route, where you can visit three farms and learn about apple cider production.