Why we like it
- Classic hotel in the centre of Barcelona's historic centre
- Renovated in the early twentieth century by modernist architect Lluis Domènech I Montaner
- The hotel interior reflects Catalonian modernism
- Restaurant Fonda España is managed by award-winning chef Martin Berasategui
- Outdoor swimming pool and sun terrace
About Hotel España
Conveniently located in the heart of Barcelona's historic centre, Hotel España is near to the popular areas of Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. Opened in 1859, the four-star property was completely renovated in 2010, combining modern interior design with the classicism of a 19th Century building. The 82 comfortable and quiet rooms are decorated in a contemporary, timeless style and are well-equipped. For dining, the hotel offers the Fonda España restaurant, serving traditional cuisine in a beautiful Modernist-period dining room. For a more informal dining experience, or simply for a cocktail, the rooftop Alaire Ramblas terrace bar is an impressive alternative. Between May and September the open-air swimming pool and generous sun terrace provide fabulous panoramic views of the Old Town.