Why we like it
- Located on its own coral island soaked in year-round sunshine
- Spacious bungalows, villas and suites are perched atop the calm lagoon or on the pristine white sands
- The younger vibe of this ultra-stylish resort is perfect for honeymooners and couples
- Coconut palms line the fairways at Villingili Golf Course, perfect for both seasoned golfers and beginners
- The resort offers a range of excursions and tours for both families and couples to enjoy, such as exploring Addu City by bicycle
About Shangri-La's Villingili Resort
The 132 Villas are split into distinctive concepts, all offering a unique experience that will last long in your memory. The Water Villas, Pool Villas, Beach Villas, Twin Beach Villas and Presidential Beach and Water Villas are all decorated with elements of the Middle East and Asian-themed furnishings. The Villa Muthee and Villa Laalu, meaning pearl and diamond respectively in local Dhivehi language, are the ultimate in luxury. But if you are looking for more adventure, the Tree House Villas, perched on stilts three metres above the ground, are the perfect private hideaways.
Take in heightened panoramic views of the glistening lagoons and lush green vegetation, as you dine alfresco on the wooden sun deck or relax in the infinity pool, watching the gentle ocean waves roll in. Search out a secluded cove, perfect for romantic picnics, or have lunch on the Equator. If you are looking to explore further afield, take the boat shuttle to meet the locals on Gan Island or go diving among historic British relics. After an active day, unwind at one of three restaurants with an aromatic curry, plate of dim sum or mezze. Distinctive Eastern-style rooms, represent the different cultures and cuisines from the Indian Ocean, South China Sea and Arabian Gulf. A signature treatment at Shangri-La's & Spa is not to be missed; we love the revitalising CHI Stone Therapy treatment which helped ease our aching muscles after day exploring the deep ocean waters.