Why we like it
- Located in the capital of Bhutan, the Taj Tashi is the perfect base from which to explore this intriguing city
- Taj Tashi offers a mix of culinary delights including Bhutanese, Indian and Chinese cuisine
- The Jiva Spa offers holistic Indian treatments and local Bhutanese hot stone therapies
- The hotel has a heated indoor swimming pool
- Other facilities include bars, lounges, cafes and a fitness centre. Meanwhile, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities and tours of the surrounding areas
About Taj Tashi, Thimphu
Set in the heart of the Thimphu Valley, the Taj Tashi, is a gateway to a land steeped in mythology and magic. The mountain kingdom of Bhutan remains one of the old world's last few strongholds as yet unspoilt by civilization. In the isolation of the Himalayan heights, Bhutan's ancient Mahayana Buddhism continues richly intact to this day, and permeates every aspect of Bhutanese life and art.
In keeping with the enchanting surroundings, the hotel is a blend of Bhutan's dzong architecture and modern design. The rooms are adorned with swirls of hand-painted murals of clouds – a recurring motif in Bhutanese art – and take in sweeping views of the surrounding mountains. Elegant, expansive and luxuriously appointed, the rooms, in the manner of all Taj Hotels, pamper guests with the finest amenities. Suites, on the other hand, feature distinctive canopy beds, walk-in closets and home theatre systems. Natural lighting emphasizes large, well laid-out bathrooms featuring standalone Christina bathtubs.