Why we like it
- The rooms and suites offer spectacular views over cedar forests, mountain ranges or gardens
- Situated at 8,250 feet in the magnificent Himalayas, Wildflower Hall is a fairytale luxury resort set in 22 acres of virgin woods of pine and cedar
- Two restaurants offer Indian, Pan-Asian and Continental cuisine
- The Oberoi Spa offers holistic treatments based on Ayurveda, Oriental and Western traditions in private spa suites or pavilions ensconced in the cedar forest
- The hotel's elevated outdoor pool offers astonishing views of the mountains and valleys
About Wildflower Hall, Shimla
The former residence of Lord Kitchener, rebuilt to a new magnificence, Wildflower Hall recreates the grand style of the colonial era. Wood paneling and original artwork create an aura of old world charm amidst astonishing landscapes - which make for stunning views from the hotel's elevated location.
Teak wood floors, hand knotted rugs and rich furnishings complemented by spectacular views make the rooms very special retreats. Rich furnishings reflect the colonial heritage of the hotel and respect the traditional skills of local craftsmen, whilst every room has a spacious marble bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower.
This hotel is a member of 'The Leading Hotels of the World' and part of the prestigious Oberoi group - facts which are reflected in the service as well as the wonderful interiors.