Why we like it
- Sleep under canvas at the Elite Campsite
- Morning and afternoon game drives are available daily with expert guides
- Yala has the highest leopard population in the world
- As the sun sets and the hurricane lamps are lit, this is one of the most romantic places to spend an evening
- A great place for families and couples alike
About Mahoora Camp
Stay at Mahoora to experience Yala National Park and the opportunity to view incredible wildlife. The setting of the Mahoora Elite Camp is dramatic with mountain ranges as the backdrop leading down to the ocean. Each safari tent has its own shower room with hot water and comfortable furniture. Explore Yala with the expert guides, who are not only the best in the area but some of the friendliest Sri Lankans you will find too. Learn about the wildlife resident to Yala the leopard, sloth bear and elephant as well as the incredible birdlife and interesting plant life. All meals and local drinks are included, in the evening dinners are a seven course affair of locally inspired Sri Lankan cuisine. Where possible meals are served outside to make the most of this unique environment.