Why we like it
- A boutique hotel a few metres away from the coastline
- 12 individually designed rooms and suites some with ocean views
- Spa complete with a traditional Hamman offering Oriental style aromatherapy treatments
- Elegant, stylish and a friendly atmosphere
- The main restaurant offers only breakfast but the staff will recommend excellent local restaurants for evening meals that are close by
About Villa de l’Ô, Essaouira
Villa de L'O has an excellent location in the heart of the Medina allowing guests to be able to explore the delights of Essaouria at their leisure. A privately owned 18th century riad oozing charm and beauty, the owners are sisters Caroline and Celine. The rooms and suites are opulent with all modern conveniences and full of charcter and warmth. Throughout the whole riad there is superb attention to detail having been furnished in an elegant yet eclectic style. The roof terrace is the perfect place to relax complete with comfortable sun loungers and a Jacuzzi as well as being able to enjoy breakfast here. Inside there are two lounges with rich velvety fabrics reminiscent of the French colonial era one with a beautiful fireplace perfect for cooler evenings. The impressive décor throughout is an incredible mixture of carved wooden doors, columns and quirky contemporary pieces.