Why we like it
- Kasbah Bab Ourika is perched majestically on a hilltop at the apex of the Ourika Valley
- Views are down to the river, green fields and groves of olives, oranges and lemons, and up to the dazzling snow-capped peaks of the Atlas Mountains
- Relax in individually decorated rooms with their own terraces or unwind by the secluded swimming pool
- The Kasbah has fifteen rooms. All are individually decorated and have stunning views of the Atlas and the Valley of Ourika
- Meals are served in the gardens or in the colonnaded restaurant or can be taken privately in the rooms or suites
About Kasbah Bab Ourika
The Kasbah is one of the most eco-friendly buildings in Morocco. Constructed principally from Pise (rammed earth), the traditional Berber building technique, it blends easily with rock and earth around it. The restaurant serves food that is freshly supplied daily from the surrounding villages. The chef specialises in traditional Berber recipes as well as international cuisine.
Visit to the large Monday Berber "Monday Market" at the nearby town of Tnine Ourika and to the farms growing herbs and flowers in the valley. Perhaps call at some of the farms that grow herbs and flowers in the valley for the perfumiers and herbalists who sell a wide variety of exotic perfumes in the Medina. In addition to easy walks and picnics locally, for the energetic explore the region on longer treks including the remote and unspoilt Salt National Park. There is also the opportunity for biking, rafting, and riding from the Kasbah or skiing nearby in the Atlas mountains.