Why we like it
- Riad Kniza is a small hotel in the heart of the old Médina
- 11 stylish rooms and suites are organised around three open courtyards with fountains
- Delicious Moroccan cuisine is served on a roof terrace with beautiful views of the Atlas Mountains, or in one of two salons
- The spa offers an invigorating traditional body scrub Hammam as well as massages and treatments
- An Andalusian-style pool sits in the centre of a lovely tree lined patio
About Riad Kniza
Dating from the 18th century, Riad Kniza has been completely restored by Haj Mohamed Bouskri, one of the most renowned antique dealers in Marrakech. No detail has been overlooked, with traditional materials and artisans employed to create an authentic Moroccan experience. Hand carved cedar wood, glazed marble tiles, coloured carpets and hand chiselled plaster are just a few of the authentic features in evidence.
The rooms too reflect the traditions of Moroccan domestic architecture - ranging from the Oriental-style Deluxe Rooms and the Junior Suite Loubana with its beautiful sun coloured fabrics, to the impossibly grand Royal Suite Bahia.
Riad Kniza is full of comfortable spaces, from the salons with open fireplace and sun washed terrace, to the music room and patio garden. There is always a quiet spot or secluded corner for relaxation and a quiet moment if you need one.