Why we like it
- Dar Zitoune is only a 10 minute drive from the centre of Taroudant, and approximately 1hr from Agadir
- Nestling at the foot of the high Atlas Mountains, Taroudant is one of the most beautiful cities in Morocco, with a fascinating Berber souk
- Set in four acres of landscaped gardens filled with olive, palm and orange trees, Dar Zitoune was created in traditional Berber style architecture using only local materials
- Boasting 14 Bungalows and eight Suites, the accommodation is scattered throughout the gardens
- Taroudant is a walled city with five (old) main gates as well as some newer gates, the main sights of the city are the market place, the tanneries and the main squares: Assarag and Tameklalt
About Dar Zitoune
In the heart of the region of Souss, located in the south of Morocco, and just a few miles away from the pink-walled city of Taroudant lies Dar Zitoune, translated to "house of the olives". Enjoy the year round North African sun. Home to a small spa with traditional Hammam, sauna and heated Jacuzzi. There are also a choice of massage treatments available. The chef prepares delicious cuisine with much of the fresh produce taken from their own organic gardens.