Why we like it
- Luxury retreat located near Oman's highest peak, 'Jebel Shams'
- Remarkable Eco Luxe accommodation with wonderful panoramic views
- 30 luxurious Pods make for a truly relaxed and comfortable stay
- An ideal location for adventure visitors wanting to start their trekking expeditions and excursions towards the peak of Jabal Shams Mountains
- Array of activities such as mountain biking, trekking and stargazing
About The View
Located at a height of 1400m on a slope close to Jabal Shams and Al Hamra town, The View is Oman's first Eco Luxe retreat of its kind and offers the perfect port of call for those wanting to experience the adventurous Jabal Shams Mountains.
The camp is complete with 30 luxurious Pods, 15 of which are Superior Rooms and 15 are Premier Rooms, with the main difference being a partial or full view of the valley. Each pod features a deluxe bed, en suite bathroom with hot rain shower and WC, and a outdoor terrace with relaxing seating area.
The View Restaurant is situated close to the canyon. Serving exotic meals for breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner the views of the canyon from the restaurant and the deck are stunning.
Look up to the stars that you may never view while being in the city and check out your knowledge of astronomy. At the same time you will watch with amazement the town of Al Hamra lighting up with the nightlights. This is truly one of the best sights you will see here at The View.
Just two and half hours from Muscat, The View's position makes it a superb base for further exploration. Visit the town of Al Hamra (a living museum of 400 year-old mud-brick mansions), and explore the dramatic chambers of Al Hoota Cave and its serene underground lake.