Why we like it
- The Al Waha sits nestled at the foot of a mountain range and is accessible via a specially engineered tunnel
- 262 guestrooms with a minimum room size of 32 square metres, each with either a 5 square metre balcony or patio
- Dining options include the culinary theatre and Latin flavours of Samba or child-friendly food at the Surf Café
- CHI, The Spa, is the largest and most luxuriously appointed spa in the Sultanate of Oman
- The resort offers an array of facilities for children, including a children's pool, Kids' Club and Adventure Zone
About Al Waha Shangri La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
The name Al Waha means The Oasis, and the hotel has been designed with this in mind - its swimming pools form an oasis surrounded by date palm trees.
The architecture of Al Waha is traditional Dhofari, from the southern region of Oman, whilst the rooms and suites are contemporary in style. Décor leans heavily on muted, natural colours accented by modern furnishings and furniture. Many are set within the hotel's gardens and offer wonderful views across the resort and the Gulf beyond.
The resort has three expansive, cooled swimming pools and a lazy river. The resort has access to two beaches - the main beach, one-kilometre expanse of golden sand, and, down a short path, Turtle Beach, a smaller, secluded beach at the edge of the mountains. Other facilities include a health club, tennis courts and a water sports centre.