Why we like it
- Set on Salalah Beach, overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Carved from desert rock, the hotel appears to rise out of the water
- Airy, whitewashed interiors filled with natural light
- Rooms are decorated in traditional Omani style with splashes of colour and sumptuous fabrics
- Seven different dining options, from in-room dining to Eastern cooking and even destination dining on the beach
About Salalah Rotana Resort
Widely regarded as the perfume capital of Arabia, Salalah is located on the Frankincense trail, and many of the gnarled, ancient trees can be found nearby. Salalah Rotana embraces ancient Arabia itself through its Moorish architecture, sumptuous interiors and sultry, dark wood interiors. The candle-lit entrance is inviting, with its water-filled courtyards and attractive terrace beyond. You’ll be spoilt for choice for lazy lunches and delicious dinners, with Saffron for all day dining, Silk Road for fine dining alfresco and beach bars and lounges serving up simple snacks and posh pastries. There are two magnificent pools plus a dedicated kids pool and club, so little ones are kept occupied. The hotel is set on a lovely long stretch of clean beach, that’s perfect for swimming out of khareef season. If the spa isn’t relaxing enough you’ll find the setting perfect for chilling out, with the only sound the nearby roar and churn of the ocean.