Why we like it
- Set in a valley in the heart of Wahiba Sands
- This Bedouin-style camp is located amidst a stunning desert landscape
- 15 traditional handmade wool Bedouin tents
- Activities such as trekking in the sand dunes and camel and horse riding are on offer
- The camp has no electricity so at night it is lit by candles and lamps
About 1000 Nights Camp
Enjoy hearing nothing but the sound of silence. No racing cars, no dune buggies, no electricity generators and no mobile phones. Experience the desert lifestyle with camel riding, trekking in the sand dunes under the stars or early in the morning while the sun rises.
Travel off-road, deep inside the sands and you will reach this traditional Bedouin encampment tucked at the foot of a large sand dune, surrounded by the hardy desert acacia trees.
The traditional black goat-haired Sheikh Tents are furnished in a unique style with Arabic carpets, two stylish comfortable beds, table and chairs. There are toilets and showers around the camp area, with separate facilities for men and women.
As an alternative to a tent there is the Sand House a villa-style accommodation with a private bathroom and shower with your own balcony & barbecue.
A small swimming pool offers relaxation. If you want more adventure then pick up a sandboard and sled and sand surf.
The restaurant complete with cushions and low tables allows you to sample Arabic and Omani cuisine. Food is exclusively Arabic in style with Mezze starters, fresh green salads, Omani barbeque, fresh seasonal fruits and desserts.