Why we like it
- Set on the island haven of Sir Bani Yas, just off the coast of Abu Dhabi
- One of the most luxurious resorts in Abu Dhabi with impeccable service
- Facilities include an Infinity-edge swimming pool, fitness centre, Teens and Kids Club and a floodlit tennis court
- Unwind at the Anantara Spa
- Explore nature and wildlife by walking, kayaking or mountain biking through the Arabian Sanctuary
About Desert Islands Resort and Spa by Anantara
Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara, originally the guesthouse of His Highness Sheikh Zayed, is a secluded hideaway where Arabic décor coupled with natural beauty evoke a unique mystique. Located on the beach with the azure of turquoise waters safe for swimming and snorkelling with the backdrop of the desert hills create this unique resort style hotel. Accessing the wonderful Desert Islands Resort is straightforward be driven to the jetty on the mainland and enjoy a scenic transfer by the resort's boat, or fly from Al Bateen Airport with one of the scheduled airlines, or private jet. With only 64 spacious rooms and suites all luxuriously appointed with local fabrics reflecting the essence of Middle Eastern culture. There are a handful of villas, with one or two bedrooms complete with private pool these are ideal for couples or families seeking privacy and space. Dining at the resort is exceptional with four different restaurants offering a variety of cuisines form authentic Middle Eastern, traditional afternoon tea and the most sumptuous fresh seafood. There is an endless list of activities from archery to discovering the wildlife sanctuary, indulging in the spa and keeping fit with a game of tennis or a swim. The hotel also boasts an excellent waterports centre offering PADI dive courses for the experienced or the novice. You can even explore the natural beauty of Sir Bani Yas Island by horseback.