Why we like it
- Located in the heart of Charlottetown, the birthplace of Canada
- 54 stunning suites set across 17 carefully restored heritage buildings
- Attentive concierge team can advise on self-guided walking tours
- Downtown location allows for an immersive cultural experience
- A short drive from Cavendish and the home of Anne of Green Gables
About The Great George
Known across the world for its unique heritage and service, The Great George offers guests an authentic yet refined stay in Charlottetown. Located in the downtown area, the George is just steps from the historic waterfront. Rooms are traditionally appointed with island antiques and artwork, with private baths, pillow top mattresses and fluffy duvets as standard, even in the most basic rooms. Deluxe rooms are designed for romance, with Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces. The Romantic Hideaway Suites are more romantic still, perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries or just a hard-earned getaway. For those staying for longer or looking for a true home-from-home experience, the one to four bedroom units offer self-contained mini apartments. The George offers a range of dining options, from the buzzy and popular Sim's Steakhouse to the Gahan House, offering handcrafted ales and pub favourites. The Brickhouse and The Merchantman offer elegant dining featuring local produce, while Fishbones Oyster Bar & Grill offers the best seafood from ship to shore as well as delicious grills.