Why we like it
- Situated in the undiscovered Great bear Rainforest
- Chance to see the ghostly Spirit Bear (Or Kermode Bear), best chances are between September and October
- All rooms offer serene ocean or rainforest views
- Owned and operated by the Kitasoo people, offering a truly authentic experience
- One of the best lodges in British Columbia due to a plethora of wildlife in the surrounding area
About Spirit Bear Lodge
Spirit Bear Lodge, situated in the Great Bear Rainforest boasts a location like no other. Nestled within the largest intact temperate rainforest on the planet a stay at Spirit Bear lodge is more of an experience. A true wilderness adventure you are transformed into a First Nations world and will exchange experiences with the 'watchmen; along the coast whilst searching for the elusive 'Spirit bear'.
Humble and modest Spirit Bear Lodge is more about the great open wilderness over the property itself. All ensuite rooms offer comfortable amenities and are rewarded with spectacular views over the ocean and rainforest. A stay here will very much awaken your senses and experience the great British Columbia wilderness like nowhere else.