Why we like it
- Hip West Hollywood meets stylish Beverly Hills
- One of the most iconic rooftop pools in LA
- Design touches in the hotel inspired by Vivienne Westwood and David Collins
- All suite hotel, with a minimum of 725 square feet of living space
- Boxwood is The London West Hollywood's newest multi-concept destination for fine and casual dining and a great celeb hand out
About US Grant
The entrance to the US Grant hints at what is to come: the palatial building envelops you into a grand lobby, just steps from the quarter's top shopping, dining and entertainment destinations. Original features abound, with chandeliers dripping with crystals, curling iron balustrades and ornate cornicing catching the eye from every angle. First opened in 1910, the hotel has retained an air of elegance and charm in the historic Gaslamp Quarter, one of San Diego's top sights. Today the hotel continues to play on its roots, with sumptuous bedrooms decorated in neutral tones. Muted carpets, beautiful American Indian art and monogrammed soft furnishings. The luxurious rooms and suites have 2.7m ceilings, evoking a sense of space.
Eating options are varied. The Grant Grill, opened in 1951, is a favourite among the locals for its unique ambience and superb food featuring the best of California produce, from fresh Pacific seafood to locally grown herbs, We think the Buttermilk Bliss Cakes make the ideal breakfast. The Lounge is the perfect place to sample cocktails from a lengthy list while listening to the evening entertainment. Although there is no pool at the US Grant, guests are able to use the facilities of the sister hotel located nearby. After spending time exploring this great city you can take refuge in the spa suite with a signature hot stone massage away from the buzz of downtown San Diego.