Why we like it
- Built in 1886 The Driskill hotels holds prominent heritage in Austin
- Close to the Texas state Capitol, Lady bird lake and Austins famous 6th steet
- Home to the award winning Driskill Grill. Since 1929
- 189 classical rooms and suites finished with influences of the Texan Hill Country
- Live entertainment through the week with local and international artists
About The Driskill
The former showplace of cattle baron, Jesse Driskill, The Driskill hotel offers true classical luxury as well as the mighty fine Texan hospitality dating back since 1886. As a member of The Historic Hotels of America, The Driskill offers an elite level of luxury accommodations and services, and is primed positioned in the heart of Austin. Popular sights such as The Texas State Capitol, Lady Bird Lake, The Long Centre for the Arts, are all close by and with over 200 music venues, fine dining and Austin's world famous 6th Street dubbed as the Live Music Capital of the World®, within walking distance you will have so much choice!
The Driskill Hotel's guestrooms are well appointed with a blend of historic elegance and contemporary "Austin Edge" with warm, earthy tones and custom modern furnishings you will be able to relax after a day of touring Austin. Each upscale hotel guestroom is appointed with luxurious bedding, unique artwork, flat screen plasma televisions, complimentary wireless internet, ceiling fans, imported European personal care amenities, fully-stocked personal bars and plush terry and linen making The Driskill a firm favourite for returning and new guests alike.