Why we like it
- Natural, beautiful, secure setting on the coast of Georgia, surrounded by river, marsh and the Atlantic Ocean
- Extraordinary array of activities and amenities
- Perfect for multigenerational travelers, with multiple activity and dining options for families to enjoy together
- 65,000-square-foot Forbes Five-Star Spa at Sea Island and accompanying oversized fitness centre, with pool, squash courts and full range of services
- The Forbes Five-Star Georgian Room restaurant, the only Five-Star restaurant in the state of Georgia
About The Cloister at Sea Island
The Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Cloister emerged after a three-year renaissance to become a Mediterranean masterpiece that preserves the original architecture’s lustrous history and unique essence. Stay in an elegant room or suite offering sweeping views of the Black Banks River, Atlantic Ocean and lush coastal Georgia setting. The uniquely designed rooms are defined by comfort, elegance, and sophistication, with gleaming wood furnishings, exposed beam ceilings, hardwood floors, and handmade oriental rugs. The Cloister encompasses a sprawling range of world-class buildings and amenities, including five miles of private beach, a Beach Club, tennis and squash centres, spa and fitness centre, Yacht Club, Shooting School, Camp Cloister, and nine dining options, from casual beachfront to Forbes Five-Star. Well known as a family resort, Sea Island is steeped in golf tradition and is home to three championship golf courses, the PGA Tour’s RSM Classic, and the nation’s finest Golf Performance Center. Renowned for its hospitality, Sea Island is the only resort in the world to receive four Forbes Five-Star Awards for eight consecutive years for The Cloister, The Lodge, The Spa at Sea Island and the Georgian Dining Room.