Why we like it
- The only authentic overnight paddlewheel steamboat in America
- The warm and inviting ambiance of an antebellum mansion
- Truly unique way to connect towns and cities along the Mississippi
- Enjoy an evening in the Grand Saloon, the most elegant showplace on the river
- Public rooms and accommodations are decorated with Victorian charm and carefully selected antiques
About American Queen
The largest steamboat ever built, the grand American Queen is a gracious and elegant triumph of American ingenuity. Although filled with today's modern amenities, her rooms and accommodations display all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately riverboats that preceded her and so inspired her designers.
While on board, you can select a volume from the vast collection in the Mark Twain Gallery, the boat's library. Or enjoy a sing-along in the Main Deck Lounge, and then tap your toes to a lavish show in the two-deck-tall Grand Saloon, the most elegant showplace on the river.